HEMSLEY + HEMSLEY Recipe – Chocolate orange bar with clementines
This vegan treat from Hemsley + Hemsley is quick, easy and deliciously festive.
1 organic clementine
100g coconut oil
50g cocoa powder
3 tbsp maple syrup
1 tsp vanilla extract
½ tsp orange extract
A tiny pinch of sea salt
1. Line a small baking tin – about 11cm x 17cm – or similar sized container with baking parchment.
2. Zest the clementine with a grater or zester and place the zest to one side. Peel the clementine, break into segments and arrange in the bottom of the prepared tin.
3. Gently melt the coconut oil in a saucepan over a low heat. Remove from the heat and whisk in the cocoa powder until smooth, then stir in the remaining ingredients until well combined.
4. Pour the fudge mixture over the clementine segments in the tin, then sprinkle over the clementine zest, pressing it gently onto the surface of the chocolate mixture.
5. Chill in the fridge for 1 hour, or until set. Slice with a sharp knife and serve immediately as the chocolate becomes very soft at room temperature, or store in the fridge and eat within a day or two.
Recipe from Hemsley + Hemsley: Good + Simple