Recipe – Roasted Tomato and Butternut Squash Soup
Try this immune-boosting soup this Autumn!
Roasted Tomato and Butternut Squash Soup (Serves 6)
· 1.2kg tinned tomatoes
· 3 onions, peeled and chopped
· 6 cloves garlic
· 2 tbsp oil
· 4 tsp or fresh rosemary leaves, chopped
· 1.5L of bone broth or stock
1. Preheat the oven to 220°C, Gas 9.
2. Halve the squash and place on a baking tray. Add the onions and the garlic and bake for 30-45mins until squash is tender.
3. Heat the oil in a large saucepan and fry the rosemary for a few minutes. Add the tinned tomato and simmer for 20 mins.
4. Add the roasted onion, squash(scooped out) and garlic (skin removed), cover with bone broth (start with just over 1L) and simmer with the lid on for 20 mins.
5. Blitz in food processor, add further stock for a thinner soup.